
|
Hell could freeze
Tuesday, December 11, 2012 • 12:44 AM • 0 comments "To die, to sleep--To sleep-- perchance to dream", these beautiful words had been spoken by no other than Hamlet himself. During his famous soliloquy, "To be or not to be", Hamlet had often contemplated death and mortality. Being an Elizabethan Christian, suicide was against his religion. Nonetheless, he was still fascinated by the idea of it and had explored various aspects of death. Though it had a rather sinful connotation, Hamlet had introduced a new angle of suicide, as a means of rest, a long-awaited end. In fact, for discussing the topic of suicide, his words are almost peaceful. At this point you might be thinking I should go see a psychiatrist. No, I'm not deliberating suicide or anything. It's just that during these stressful times his words seem to soothe me. I've been especially stressed out about university applications and I literally spent weeks thinking about what to do with my life, or where the heck I'm going. It was only until the darkness of the night had engulfed me, could I be released by the burdens of the day and visit that sanctuary of dreams.I finally submitted my applications today. I'm happy I've made my decisions, and hopefully I won't be indecisive or regret the options I've chose (Commerce, Biochem., Biopharm., and Commerce Finance). Sadly, engineering isn't one of the options; after much discussion with my parents, I had to eliminate the option . Business and sciences are what I'm torn between. I know I still have to do more thinking about what faculty I want to go into, but I'll just leave that for later. If only I could just take the business and science degree in Waterloo or Western... but I've decided to stay Ottawa-bound, so I'm only applying for universities within the city. The tuitions alone are already a handful, and to study away from home is a little bit too much for undergrad (IMO). I don't like to think too much about the future so I escape with the thoughts of rest, Hamlet's beauty of an end. Anyways, as earthly mortal beings we're all inevitably chained to the fate of mortality. In other words, life's too short to worry too much, right?Sorry, for all the serious talk. To lighten up the mood, here are the daily dosages of pictures :
I think this is like the best logo for milk ever.
Assembling and decorating a gingerbread house with Turtle, L00ny, and Sisi (it fell apart in the end).
Listen: Cash Cash - Overtime
xo
Brenda
|
Hello Lovely;
![]() Music ♪;
Message;
![]() Calendar;
♥ >> France!
date : 03/05/15
at: Evening
♥ >> Grenoble
date : 09/05/15
at: Morning
♥ >> Alps Retreat
date: 26/05/15
at: Morning
BLOG ARCHIVE; |