
|
R.I.P Snowy
Monday, October 29, 2012 • 11:58 PM • 0 comments Heeeyaaa~ The post I just published was saved as a draft on my s3 for a veeeery long time, I just never got the time to click publish. I guess the app is nice, thought I can't do as much as posting on the comp (which is a given). I just end up editing the post on my comp in the end, but it's good for drafting some posts with trivial daily thoughts. Though I did download this one app, Kakaostory (attached to Kakao), which kinda substitutes as my blog, basically a mobile one. It has a really cute sakura blossom theme and it's really easy to use. You can interact with other people and view their blogs, but I don't have any friends on Kakaostory, except Turtle, who refuses to follow me. So I suppose it can be used as a private 365 blog? Besides Kakaostory, my phone is only filled with social messaging apps... I really need some other cool apps. I also haven't played around with the s3's function that much, other than the S beam (I heard it costs money though?!) and Wi-fi direct. Anyways, enough of my s3 talk, last Friday I went to Ottawa U day, which was pretty interesting. The whole campus is so big though, and all the science presentations I wanted to go to were scheduled at the same time, so I left biochem early in order of going to the bio presentation. The only presentation I stayed for the whole time was the Women's Engineering. It got me thinking though, is the whole gender ratio in engineering still prevalent today? I didn't think it was that significant enough that there'd be a presentation made for it. I think what I liked most about that presentation was the number of guys who would accidentally walk in and rush out. My russian friend didn't read the program properly and ended sitting through the whole thing! We got free food ($6 off) and I got free sushi~ After the whole day of walking and presentations, I went to bbt with Kat, Turtle, and Dennis. We played cards and signal, then walked to the Korean Embassy to watch a korean movie screening. We were served delicious korean dishes, such as chap jae, kimchi, and bulgogi. The movie we watched was pretty said, it was about a father leaving his son in NK. A lot of tear jerking moments, but I found the part where he was forced to eat his dog (poor Whitey!) the saddest. The next day I went to Saunder's farm. Basically, it's this place out in the rural part of Ottawa, where people go to do 'scary' activities such as the haunted barn house maze, crop field mazes, and tractor rides. It was a lot of fun, I took the shuttle bus with my korean class and we did the haunted barn house first. I went paired up with Turtle (since the maze was kinda narrow) and that was a bad idea! She plugged her ears and closed her eyes while running through everything. At one point, I was getting smacked by a bunch of hanging plastic heads because she wouldn't stop running. I gave her to Dennis the second time around and paired with someone else. It wasn't as scary the second round, though I find the scariest part of the barn house was the end, where a man with a chainsaw chases you out (still gives me the creeps). It doesn't really have the saw, but it's an instinct to run! The tractor was also fun, but not that scary. It was one heck of a line up though! They even got a DJ there. The tractor ride was just about 15 mins, reminded me about the spooky wagon ride, but much faster. My korean teacher got really scared to the point she wasn't able to get off the tractor, she also left the haunted barn before reaching the end (poor soensaengnim!). The whole time at Saunder's, I was freezing my butt off, really should have thought about getting mittens or bringing my knitted scarf. I couldn't feel pinky on the shuttle ride home, I even had to borrow Dennis's armpit to warm my hands LOL (it works). Got back at 9 and stayed at Turtle's eating dumplings and carrot muffins till 11ish. And that was pretty much my weekend. I hate to end this post on a sad note, but my lovely budgie, Snowy, passed away yesterday. He was fine all day, until last night I just heard him squawk and drop to the bottom of the cage. We couldn't tell exactly why he passed away so suddenly; old age was the only conclusion we could arrive at. Atleast he's in a better place now, and I wish we could have spent much more time together. He was always such a well-mannered bird, listened to me when I told him to go to sleep and was quiet when I demanded him to be. He always put Spongy before him and protected her. He kept company for her and cared for her very much. When we removed Snowy from the cage, Spongy was lonely and frightened, it made me really sad. I didn't know how I could explain it to Spongy. I didn't know how I could process it through my own head also. It's such a habit to leave out the door saying bye to Snowy and Spongy, or saying goodnight before going to sleep. While I was mourning, my brother and dad seem to have gotten over it quickly and got new company for Spongy right away. I'm quite agitated by their reaction to the loss of Snowy, though I understand they thin it would be lonely for Spongy, however.. at least leave a few days of mourning for Snowy. He was there for 3 years, we can't treat that like it was nothing! Regardless, they got a new budgie anyway and named it (we can't tell if it's female or male yet because its nose hasn't developed colour yet), Mr.Popo. Popo and Spongy are not familiar with each other yet, and I'm scared Popo may be a girl because same sex budgies typically fight for territory and such. This is still too fast for me, so I haven't properly introduced myself to Popo yet. I miss Snowy quite terribly. But I need to keep in mind that he belongs elsewhere now, and I cannot turn back time. R.I.P Snowy. Listen: Ellie Goulding - I Know You Care (listening to her new album Halcyon on replay~) xo Brenda |
Hello Lovely;
![]() Music ♪;
Message;
![]() Calendar;
♥ >> France!
date : 03/05/15
at: Evening
♥ >> Grenoble
date : 09/05/15
at: Morning
♥ >> Alps Retreat
date: 26/05/15
at: Morning
BLOG ARCHIVE; |