H U N B U N S U G A ;
ABOUT ENTRY LINKS TWITTER TUMBLR INSTAGRAM
Waiting for the day when we're both safe in L.A
Friday, July 12, 2013 • 1:16 AM • 0 comments
Hey there sweeties! So, as I have mentioned in my last post, I've recently jumped on that healthy life style bandwagon. photo tumblr_m9gcwaXdHx1qzckow.gif I usually try to keep fit by jogging or just doing simple exercises. However, since Florida is coming up in about exactly a week and everyone in my family seems to be prepping themselves for the big events, I decided I need to do something myself. It began with cardio and pilates, that was okay. But it wasn't until my friend Shrankie introduced me to this youtuber, cloudyapples. We first watched the morning routine and let me tell you, I was in awe of her wonderfully flawless skin. And what really surprised me was that she wasn't wearing makeup throughout half of the video  photo tumblr_m9gcu8hhEm1qzckow.gif! What really got me to admire her was the fact that she wasn't born with such nice skin, she worked for it. She figured out what was wrong with her skin and developed a whole regime that would put it back to balance. She incorporates diet and fitness into her routine and with that she was able to minimize the appearance of her acne scars. She's also uses certified organic products and even oils. 
Since she was so much of an inspiration, I've decided to pick up some of her routines. Here's what I've done so far: 

Diet


Above is my super duper healthy breakfast. I've already posted this on kakao, but I guess I'll go into more detail. So starting from the left, I start off the day with (an attempt of) Kassie's herbal infusion drink. Her morning routine video does a good job with instructions of how to make the tea. Since it was so simple I decided to go out and purchase some leaves of my own at bulk barn. The tea consists of  photo tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow.gif: hibiscus with rose hips [packed with loads of vitamin C and the blend smells really fruity], vanilla rooibus [popular in Southern Africa, acts as an antioxidant], and oolong [increases mental alertness and sharp thinking]. The tea is cold steeped overnight and should be ready in the morning to drink on an empty stomach. It's really energizing. Along side the drink, I have a bowl of pumpkin flax seeds and granola with almond milk (so much better than soya milk and milk), and a bowl of fruits (in this case, bananas). I've been looking forward to breakfast these days. It's the only thing getting me up in the morning, otherwise I would sleep the day away  photo tumblr_m9gckaC0xm1qzckow.gif

Skincare 


What Kassie did was totally ditch her moisturizers and use oils instead. She seems like a total fanatic with all her oils. I know it's weird to be slabbing on products you should be using to cook, especially if you've got oily skin you shouldn't be adding more oils. However, as Kassie explains, we've all got a protective acid mantle on the surface of our skins. We have different pH levels we need to maintain. Conventional skin care products tend to strip away or create some imbalance on our acid mantles, thus we tend to develop oily skin or acne  photo tumblr_m9gckqGtPc1qzckow.gif. So how do oils help? Oils like extra virgin olive oil have a close to skin pH level and don't strip away our acid mantle, but help maintain it. 

Kassie does a bunch of neat things with the oils, but I've only purchased avocado and coconut oil. It's great to use at night, however during the day you'd have to stay away from the sun and if you're going out be sure to wear like SPF 50. So far the avocado oil has corrected my skin tone, and is amaaazing in hair  photo tumblr_m9gclpn3pQ1qzckow.gif. Coconut oil has a lot of great uses as well, though honestly, I'm not a big fan of coconuts to begin with. You can whip the oil up, and use it as a body butter or for a hair mask. So far, I've only made a face mask with the oil. I blended it with blueberries and left it on my face for about 5 minutes. It's extremely moisturizing so you gotta be careful with it. Once I get olive oil and castor oil, I'll try the oil cleanse. The picture above is a chia seeds mixed with almond flour face mask. Chia seeds are pretty interesting. It's full of protein and calcium. It also absorbs a lot of water, which is awesome if you're making a face mask with it. You can choose how thick you want it to be based on the amount of water you poor into it. I'll write up a whole post for these little guys later. 
Speaking of face masks, I've recently purchased some Lush products. I decided to show my mother the store and she fell in love with their soaps. So we ended up getting a number of their things. 
[L to R] Tea tree toner, ocean salt scrub sample, brazened honey mask, and "Karma" soap.
There are some products missing in this picture: "Honey I washed the kids" soap (smells soooo good  photo tumblr_m9gcqw9Amo1qzckow.gif), and "Karma" body lotion sample. The tree toner is just amazing to use after a long shower or a long day. The brazened honey has a got a ton of herbs in it and is tightening as heck. The Karma soap smells really good too, but it's a rather strong scent. The ocean sea salt scrub is something I would want to get for my next visit there. It smells like fresh lime with a hint of sea salt. Actually, they had this whole ocean salt set I might consider getting. 

Fitness
When the weather's not too brutal, I go jogging down this long path and then pilates afterwards.
I'm starting Cassey Ho's Workout Calendar for July (which is extremely hard  photo tumblr_m9gcl3DN2F1qzckow.gif). 

Anyways, that is all I've been doing for the past week. I know it's going to take a lot of time until I see improvements so for now I'll keep this routine going and constantly drink water. Good luck for those who are on the same journey  photo tumblr_m9gckthEg81qzckow.gif!
Listen: Goldmotel - Safe in L.A
xo
Brenda




PASTFUTURE
Hello Lovely;
Welcome, it looks like you've stumbled upon my blog. My name is Brenda and I'm 19 years old. I live in a rather quiet but charming city in Canada. My dream is to one day devour waffles in the castles of Belgium and consume all the sweets in Japan. My favourite band is Two Door Cinema Club. I'm pretty open with any genre of music, as long as it's catchy or has meaning to it. I have a cat named Jupiter and I love him to bits. I've also got a budgie named Snowy, and an aquarium of fishies. My favourite season is Fall because the weather is just right. I like the smell of the ocean and the morning air. I'm a casual blogger. Thanks for looking.

Music ♪;

Message;


" We are golden "

Calendar;


>> France!
date : 03/05/15
at: Evening


>> Grenoble
date : 09/05/15
at: Morning


>> Alps Retreat
date: 26/05/15
at: Morning

BLOG ARCHIVE;

  • Good bye High school!
  • SUMMER IS HERE
  • Let me treasure you
  • Darling, this is only a game!
  • Happy New Year! (ノ ̄0 ̄)ノ~・:*:・゚`
  • (。・ω・)ノ゙Merry Christmas
  • Hell could freeze
  • Ocean blue what have I done to you?
  • Snow!
  • So one thing led to another