PhilosophyC'est la vie I've lost a lot of time worrying and caring about useless things, but now I am removing that habit from my life and trying my best to live carefree.
Well, if that description box to your right didn't tell you enough about me, then this page wouldn't either. See the thing is, I can never fill up these pages with things about myself because I just don't know what to say. I mean those little blurbs about me is just about all you need to know. I'm not that much of an interesting person. I'm like every teenage girl you see on the internet, who's still trying to figure herself out and is just wandering amongst other confused people of her kind. This blog has helped in some ways, and has allowed me to see the many transitions and obstacles I've faced in life. I've been running this blog for about 6 years now, which is better than any paper diary I could ever keep up. I'm horrible at journals because I tend to get lazy and give up because I just have so much to update. I keep coming back to this blog because I feel some attachment to it. Actually, it's just much easier to spam with pictures and type than getting hand cramps and smudging the page with my horrible penmanship. Keeping a blog online however, means it is accessible to you internet folks. Yes, I can lock it. But you know what? I won't because anyone who wants to follow me along this journey can feel free to. Though honestly, I'd most likely forget my password to blogger one day and won't be able to access my blog. Anyways, if you read all this you must have a lot of time on your hands or you might just be really curious about me. You can do the job of inferring what kind of person I am based on this paragraph. Thanks for reading!
Hello! Long time no see... how long has it been since I've last posted? Almost a year! But don't worry I haven't forgotten you yet (not until I forget my password of course). So what has happened since I've last written? Quite a few highlights...
I got another job in the summer- as a pharmacy assistant! Definitely a change from the retail environment; the first few months was such a steep learning curve but the amount of new skills I've learnt was totally worth it.
As well, I found a lab in the summer to volunteer with, which I eventually did my UROP project with. Also a great experience. I was able to apply a lot of what I learnt in courses to my lab research (and surprisingly vice versa!)
I did end up finding a hospital to volunteer in. I began with evening shifts which gave me the chance to speak with patients and learn about them. But since I've switched to early 6:30 AM shifts, it's a bit harder to speak to patients when it seems like everyone is in a rush to get things done.
I worked a couple of shifts at my parents' friend's Thai restaurant. The kitchen staff was so kind and made sure I was always fed. Every shift consisted of eating awesome Thai food (chicken satay and peanut sauce- bomb dot com), drinking pandan tea, watching Naruto, and good chats with the other waitress.
I also got my G2! I've been driving around a lot ever since
School has always been the same; I've got a love-hate relationship with some of the courses. But one highlight I'll mention about school is that I have switched programs from Biopharmaceutical to Biochemistry option in Immunology and Microbiology (I know not much of a big difference). Courses have gotten a bit tougher but that's something expected
And the biggest highlight... I got accepted for an research internship program- in France! I will be spending three months there.
Never have I ever (that wasn't intentional haha) thought about going to France- let alone Europe. Guess where my connecting flight is? BELGIUM !! A part of me still can't believe it. My dream destination... Belgium waffles and chocolate. It'll be a short 2 hour layover though but that's good enough for me. It still hasn't hit me that I'll be on an airplane this Sunday and living in a foreign country for 3 months. I haven't brushed up on my french so the first few days will be very tough and tiring. I did have an embarrassing first attempt of speaking french when I called some administrative people in France- but that shouldn't discourage me, I should still attempt speaking french! Also, I haven't taken packing seriously yet, which is crazy because I will be leaving in two days!! Everyone in my program seems to be packing so efficiently but I don't know where to start, so I'll write a checklist (yup, lots of lists today). Of course this is a list for myself so it's quite personal but it's the only way I can organize, so here it goes: Clothing/Accessories
Accessories
1 pair of Raybans
1 Hat + 1 Sunhat
2 purses
1 brown purse
1 Coach purse
Necklace + rings + bracelet + earrings (I think my piercings closed..)
Pants
2 Black leggings
2 Black dress pants + 1 pair of black flowy harem pants
3 pairs of light blue jeans (high waisted + ripped)
2 pairs of gym shorts (one to wear underneath dresses)
Shorts
1 pair of ripped denim shorts
2 pairs of printed shorts
Black shorts (work appropriate) [BUY]
Black jeans [BUY] ... I ruined my original high waisted jeans
Skirts
2 Mid-thigh skirts (wine red + dark blue)
1 Knee-length floral skirt
1 Tight grey skirt
Work appropriate summer-y skirts [BUY]
Shirts
2 knit cardigans
2 knit sweater (1 casual + 1 sequin)
1 Black crewneck t-shirt
1 Black light blazer
2 Crop-tops + 1 crop tank
1 Light trenchcoat
5 blouses (2 white + 1 light blue + 1 light purple + 1 pink)
2 Print T-shirts
2 Lace shirts
1 Flannel
Basic white flow-y top + basic t-shirts [BUY]
Dresses
1 Black spaghetti strapped dress
2 Rompers (floral + blue low neckline)
Etc
7 Bras + 1 sports bra
14 pairs of underwear
7 pairs of ankle socks + 1 knee-high socks
2 Camisoles (black + grey)
2 Bikini sets
1 Scarf
2 Tights (Black [BUY] + Tan)
Sleep zzz
2 Sleeping shorts (floral + blue)
3 Sleeping shirts
1 pair of Sweatpants + 1 pair of yoga pants
1 Eyemask
1 VS kimono/robe (yes, I call it a kimono)
1 Long sleeve sleeping top
1 Blanket
1 set of bed covers
1 Teddy Bear
Shoes
1 pair of black flats
1 pair of Vans
1 pair of sandals (if I have room)
1 pair of boots (to wear there, should I bring?)
1 pair of running shoes (should I bring?)
Tech stuff
1 Adapter
Laptop + Phone charger
Camera + Polaroid
Hard drive
Earphones
Toiletries/Medication
Shampoo & Conditioner
Perfume
Contact solution + lens
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Vaseline + Lotion + Sunscreen
Facemasks
Tactuo
Advil/Tylenol
Bandaids
Pads
Cotton pads + Micelle water [BUY]
Floral water/toner mist [BUY]
Shaver [BUY]
Make-up
Brushes
Make-up box (Mascara, eyeliner, VS shadow palette, primer, concealer)
Anastasia brow wiz
Miscellaneous
2 books (Virgin Suicides + Lolita)
Folder with documents
Lock
Umbrella
Prints + Photos for decor
Tea [BUY] + Soup + Oatmeal
Polaroid film [BUY]
Carry-on
Advil
Gum
Glasses/Contacts lens
Herschel bag
Laptop + case
Chargers
Earphones
Documents + Passport
Granola bars
To-do
Exchange $ to Euro
Unlock phone
Buy missing items
Buy house insurance
Buy polaroid film
Figure out how to buy metro pass
Load music onto phone
Clean laptop
Write down addresses & phone numbers
Listen: June Marieezy - Fly (FKJ Remix) xo Brenda P.S This was written on before flying- I am now in France!
Hello! Long time no see... how long has it been since I've last posted? Almost a year! But don't worry I haven't forgotten you yet (not until I forget my password of course). So what has happened since I've last written? Quite a few highlights...
I got another job in the summer- as a pharmacy assistant! Definitely a change from the retail environment; the first few months was such a steep learning curve but the amount of new skills I've learnt was totally worth it.
As well, I found a lab in the summer to volunteer with, which I eventually did my UROP project with. Also a great experience. I was able to apply a lot of what I learnt in courses to my lab research (and surprisingly vice versa!)
I did end up finding a hospital to volunteer in. I began with evening shifts which gave me the chance to speak with patients and learn about them. But since I've switched to early 6:30 AM shifts, it's a bit harder to speak to patients when it seems like everyone is in a rush to get things done.
I worked a couple of shifts at my parents' friend's Thai restaurant. The kitchen staff was so kind and made sure I was always fed. Every shift consisted of eating awesome Thai food (chicken satay and peanut sauce- bomb dot com), drinking pandan tea, watching Naruto, and good chats with the other waitress.
I also got my G2! I've been driving around a lot ever since
School has always been the same; I've got a love-hate relationship with some of the courses. But one highlight I'll mention about school is that I have switched programs from Biopharmaceutical to Biochemistry option in Immunology and Microbiology (I know not much of a big difference). Courses have gotten a bit tougher but that's something expected
And the biggest highlight... I got accepted for an research internship program- in France! I will be spending three months there.
Never have I ever (that wasn't intentional haha) thought about going to France- let alone Europe. Guess where my connecting flight is? BELGIUM !! A part of me still can't believe it. My dream destination... Belgium waffles and chocolate. It'll be a short 2 hour layover though but that's good enough for me. It still hasn't hit me that I'll be on an airplane this Sunday and living in a foreign country for 3 months. I haven't brushed up on my french so the first few days will be very tough and tiring. I did have an embarrassing first attempt of speaking french when I called some administrative people in France- but that shouldn't discourage me, I should still attempt speaking french! Also, I haven't taken packing seriously yet, which is crazy because I will be leaving in two days!! Everyone in my program seems to be packing so efficiently but I don't know where to start, so I'll write a checklist (yup, lots of lists today). Of course this is a list for myself so it's quite personal but it's the only way I can organize, so here it goes: Clothing/Accessories
Accessories
1 pair of Raybans
1 Hat + 1 Sunhat
2 purses
1 brown purse
1 Coach purse
Necklace + rings + bracelet + earrings (I think my piercings closed..)
Pants
2 Black leggings
2 Black dress pants + 1 pair of black flowy harem pants
3 pairs of light blue jeans (high waisted + ripped)
2 pairs of gym shorts (one to wear underneath dresses)
Shorts
1 pair of ripped denim shorts
2 pairs of printed shorts
Black shorts (work appropriate) [BUY]
Black jeans [BUY] ... I ruined my original high waisted jeans
Skirts
2 Mid-thigh skirts (wine red + dark blue)
1 Knee-length floral skirt
1 Tight grey skirt
Work appropriate summer-y skirts [BUY]
Shirts
2 knit cardigans
2 knit sweater (1 casual + 1 sequin)
1 Black crewneck t-shirt
1 Black light blazer
2 Crop-tops + 1 crop tank
1 Light trenchcoat
5 blouses (2 white + 1 light blue + 1 light purple + 1 pink)
2 Print T-shirts
2 Lace shirts
1 Flannel
Basic white flow-y top + basic t-shirts [BUY]
Dresses
1 Black spaghetti strapped dress
2 Rompers (floral + blue low neckline)
Etc
7 Bras + 1 sports bra
14 pairs of underwear
7 pairs of ankle socks + 1 knee-high socks
2 Camisoles (black + grey)
2 Bikini sets
1 Scarf
2 Tights (Black [BUY] + Tan)
Sleep zzz
2 Sleeping shorts (floral + blue)
3 Sleeping shirts
1 pair of Sweatpants + 1 pair of yoga pants
1 Eyemask
1 VS kimono/robe (yes, I call it a kimono)
1 Long sleeve sleeping top
1 Blanket
1 set of bed covers
1 Teddy Bear
Shoes
1 pair of black flats
1 pair of Vans
1 pair of sandals (if I have room)
1 pair of boots (to wear there, should I bring?)
1 pair of running shoes (should I bring?)
Tech stuff
1 Adapter
Laptop + Phone charger
Camera + Polaroid
Hard drive
Earphones
Toiletries/Medication
Shampoo & Conditioner
Perfume
Contact solution + lens
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Vaseline + Lotion + Sunscreen
Facemasks
Tactuo
Advil/Tylenol
Bandaids
Pads
Cotton pads + Micelle water [BUY]
Floral water/toner mist [BUY]
Shaver [BUY]
Make-up
Brushes
Make-up box (Mascara, eyeliner, VS shadow palette, primer, concealer)
Anastasia brow wiz
Miscellaneous
2 books (Virgin Suicides + Lolita)
Folder with documents
Lock
Umbrella
Prints + Photos for decor
Tea [BUY] + Soup + Oatmeal
Polaroid film [BUY]
Carry-on
Advil
Gum
Glasses/Contacts lens
Herschel bag
Laptop + case
Chargers
Earphones
Documents + Passport
Granola bars
To-do
Exchange $ to Euro
Unlock phone
Buy missing items
Buy house insurance
Buy polaroid film
Figure out how to buy metro pass
Load music onto phone
Clean laptop
Write down addresses & phone numbers
Listen: June Marieezy - Fly (FKJ Remix) xo Brenda P.S This was written on before flying- I am now in France!
Welcome, it looks like you've stumbled upon my blog. My name is Brenda and I'm 19 years old. I live in a rather quiet but charming city in Canada. My dream is to one day devour waffles in the castles of Belgium and consume all the sweets in Japan. My favourite band is Two Door Cinema Club. I'm pretty open with any genre of music, as long as it's catchy or has meaning to it. I have a cat named Jupiter and I love him to bits. I've also got a budgie named Snowy, and an aquarium of fishies. My favourite season is Fall because the weather is just right. I like the smell of the ocean and the morning air. I'm a casual blogger. Thanks for looking.